Unity Plaza, while in its design and build phase, has been responsible for placing the artwork of some of Jacksonville’s most prolific visual artists in public spaces and will continue and increase this volunteer effort.
Stemming from the prior efforts of Unity Plaza Executive Director, Jen Jones, Unity Plaza has six, for-the-public art gallery spaces in Jacksonville it curates to play a role in keeping visual arts top-of-mind in North Florida for the following six reasons:
1. To advance the mission and visibly communicate Unity Plaza’s visual arts programming planned for the park upon opening
2. To support Downtown Vision via Downtown ArtWalk, occurring the first Wednesday of each month
3. To connect corporations to the support of regional artists
4. To expose the treasure trove of Jacksonville’s visual artists to potential buyers
5. To promote Art in Public Places
6. To underscore the JAX2025 Downtown Task Force – Creating an Arts & Entertainment District in the Urban Core
Unity Plaza, itself a 501c3 organization, provides 100% of the proceeds of the sale of art directly to the artist in order to support their continued creativity.
It was decided today that upon the opening of the central park, Unity Plaza will continue to pay homage to the great artists of North Florida.
Presently, the gallery spaces include:
1. Biscottis, Avondale, 3556 St. Johns Avenue
2. JAX Chamber Headquarters, Downtown, 3 Independent Drive – ARTWALK HERE 1ST WED OF EACH MONTH
3. NAI Hallmark Partners, Southpoint, 6675 Corporate Center Parkway
4. Riverplace Tower, Southbank, 1301 Riverplace Boulevard
5. Reynolds, Smith & Hills (RS&H), Town Center, 10748 Deerwood Park Boulevard
6. Wells Fargo Tower, 1st and 2nd floors, 1 Independent Drive – ARTWALK HERE 1ST WED OF EACH MONTH
UNITY PLAZA IS CURRENTLY CALENDARING ARTISTS IN SEGMENTS OF TWO MONTH INCREMENTS, INTERESTED VISUAL ARTISTS SHOULD EMAIL JEN JONES, email@example.com. Thank you.